So the weather is finally acting summerish! Yay for sunshine and temperatures above 65 degrees! It looks like the great potty-training adventure can really begin.
Geo's actually got the poop part down just fine. It's the peeing that's problematic. We started again working on the peeing on Saturday. He had three accidents. Sunday we tried in the morning, and he had two accidents.
Yesterday we were down to one accident in the morning. Yippee! I would love it if he was dry in the daytime before we leave on our travels at the end of June.
Ah, yes, our travels! We're heading to Lebanon for the first time since 2005 (!!!) for 2.5 weeks, starting late June. Then, the day after we get back, my parents and aunt are arriving for a visit! Followed the next day by my sister. So it's going to be a very, very fun month of June/July. We have plans with my parents to go visit Avignon and the Arles region-- we can't wait!
In any case, having a fun and busy summer will help us get through this rough spot. Geo and I in particular are still feeling pretty isolated/lonely here. Everything pretty much shuts down over the summer, so having trips and visitors to keep us busy will help tremendously until school starts in the fall.
Speaking of school we are still going back and forth on the Waldorf-Steiner school versus French public school. I'm planning to call the public school today to ask for some information, and hopefully schedule a visit. There's a lot of things about Waldorf-Steiner that I really dislike, and a lot of things about French public that I fear! So we haven't made any progress at all on that choice...
A very rambly post, but I've only had one cup of coffee this morning...!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh Gosh! How exciting about Lebanon! And Avignon/Arles is so far. Don't miss the market in Arles. And if you have a car, go see the Pont du Gard! Such a fun "hiking" adventure for everyone!
ReplyDelete