Thursday, July 23, 2009

Argh. Just spent an hour trying to put together a bunch of pictures and blogger couldn't complete my request to publish the post.

Sorry folks, will try again later.

2 comments:

  1. I've got some advice for you which will make posting photos much easier. I noticed that the last big batch of photos were in a VERY high resolution format, a resolution sufficient for large prints. A resolution of 640x480 is considered "large" for web purposes (it will also print at 4"x6" with no problem).

    I suggest you make copies of each of the photos you are going to publish to your blog and place them in a folder, separate from the originals (high resolution) on your hard drive. Re-size the copies to 640x480, and you will be amazed at how much more quickly they upload.

    You can easily re-size photos using microsoft office's picture manager, or using google's free Picassa software.

    When I publish, it takes less than three seconds per photo to upload.

    Two other things to remember: 1) the re-sized photos at 640x480 pixels will appear the same as 1024x768 pixels (the big format you're presently using) on the actual blog post, so long as you have selected "large" on the blogger dashboard setting for photos. 2) However, if you click on the photo from the blog post, the smaller format will not appear as large as your present format when viewing photos individually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice, Michael! Will try that. I finally got organized enough to put the pics in a separate folder, which cuts down on the "hunt, copy, paste" aspect.

    ReplyDelete