After a lovely, ten-day break, Geo went back to school this morning.
We had a rough start. After a kerfluffle (I thought it was 7am, it was actually only six, and it took a long time to get Geo back to sleep), we were up and facing the day. I tried getting him up a bit earlier than in the past, hoping that he'll have more of an appetite for breakfast.
No such luck. In fact, he was so anxious, he actually threw up, poor thing.
We talked about some things and agreed on two items: one, I would talk to his teacher about one of the little boys who causes Geo a lot of stress and anxiety, and two, if he could get through the morning without crying, I'd bring him a special treat.
He assured me he could do it, and the drop-off went beautifully. I spent the morning at the lab, doing a really fun gestational diabetes test.... then picked up a little book at the bookstore as his special treat.
When I picked him up, he skipped out, happy as can be, and told me he'd had a great morning. His teacher confirmed that things went really well (yay!!!!!!) and he was very excited about his new book.
Maybe we've turned the corner. Keep your fingers crossed for us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment