It's not 9:30 am yet and it's already been one of those days.
Despite the extreme fatigue, I managed also to have insomnia last night, and decided to just get up and on with the day at 5:45 am.
Then there was a frantic search this morning for a Very Important Piece of Paper that C needed for his appointment this evening for a knee X-ray and ultrasound (did I mention that he wrenched his knee last week and has been in pain ever since?).
Next, right as we got to the door of the school, Geo threw up. I'm 98% sure it was nerves, but yesterday he complained several times of his tummy pinching, so I brought him back home. No need to take chances. Oh, we did go inside to drop off the class notebook that Geo brought home for 2 days, and learned that the first case of swine flu has been detected in the school.
Once home, after getting Geo cleaned up, I went to the kitchen to make coffee, and learned that C had had the same idea, but had forgotten to actually make the coffee. The little Turkish coffee maker was totally empty of water and was radiating heat. It's usually bright red, but had turned a very dark red, almost black on the bottom, from the heat. I'd say we were a few minutes away from an explosion and/or fire.
Overall, it could be worse. Geo could be actively sick. We could have had a fire. So I'm grateful that neither of those things happened. However, it's a rotten way to start the day, and I'm hoping the rest of the day is relatively incident-free.
On a much more positive note, I'm starting a new position as a Content Editor for the Message magazine (Message is a group for Anglophone expats in France: it has about 1600 members + their families.) The magazine is a quarterly, and I'll be able to work from home. It's a volunteer position, but a great experience that I'm very much looking forward to!
And now to get the real business of the day started: cooking, cleaning and entertaining Geo....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment