Thursday, January 21, 2010

Another week, or almost, has gone by. It's been, as usual, busy in a quiet way. Our big news is that we bought a car (yippeeee!!) and that took a fair amount of time and energy.

I'm so pleased and grateful we were able to get this car. It was being sold via the anglophone parenting group I'm a member of-- its former owners left for Australia (today, actually) and they really wanted to get rid of it, which meant we got an awesome deal on a nice-sized family car. Now I'm not stressing out about how I'll get to the birth hospital when the time comes. I was having anxiety about waiting for a taxi, having the taxi refuse us, my water breaking in the taxi, laboring in a taxi... See the trend? What a relief to be independent of both taxis and public transportation when it comes time to leave for the hospital.

We're looking forward to a short visit from P & C this weekend, courtesy of the European UU annual meeting (C presides, and P accompanies).

Otherwise, school is still going well for Geo. When I dropped him off this morning, his teacher told me how cheerful and joyful and open he is. She said other teachers have picked up on it, and what a pleasure it is to have a child like that in the class. Of course, this made me cheerful and joyful, too-- I think my little guy is a treasure-- it's nice that other people see those qualities in him.

On the way home from school, I got to hear about this intense, complicated game Geo played during recess today. Something about a boat sailing through water with lots of sticks, and pirates (in the shape of older boys). He's really at that age where he concocts elaborate stories around his play, and it's interesting to see what he comes up with.

So, other than being very, very tired that's about all that's new here. Insomnia is a terrible thing-- I have tons of energy at midnight, or at 5 am, but can't really do anything useful. And during the rest of the day I'm so wiped out from lack of sleep that I can't seem to accomplish much either. Ah, well, it won't last forever, I'll be 40 weeks pregnant as of Saturday. Baby, you can come any time now!

1 comment:

  1. You are a UU?!! I grew up in UU and my uncle is a UU minister...he was s minister in Texas even! I've been thinking about joining the Paris community...

    Sarah from MESSAGE!

    ReplyDelete