Monday, January 11, 2010

It's about time...

Ok, I know it's been more than two weeks since I posted, and I apologize for that.

The holidays were really wonderful-- peaceful, joyful, full of friends, family, good food, nice gifts-- it was lovely. C's recovery from knee surgery seems to be going well also. He's back to work today after a three-week sick leave. And it was soooooo nice to have him home for all that time! Geo and I really enjoyed it, and Geo was sad last night when we told him Baba had to go back to work.

Post-holidays, things have been a little more stressful. This baby is breech/transverse and is making his/her mama nervous! I even had an acupuncture session last week to try to encourage him/her to turn. No luck so far, but the acupuncture was a very interesting experience. It included having my belly warmed with burning (and very, shall we say pungent) smelling herbs. The ride home on the totally packed RER was interesting, as people smelled me and assumed that at 8.5 months pregnant I'd been busy smoking a lot of.... something.

And Geo, who's been doing great back at school, has started having really horrible sleep issues at night. I think we're working our way to the end of that, but it's been a rough couple of weeks sleep-wise, and we're all feeling a bit tired. Actually, that's understating it. We're feeling desperate for sleep. Just in time to welcome a newborn, too!

Now that C is back at work and Geo is back at school I have a bit of time to concentrate on welcoming this new baby and preparing for the arrival. My to-do list is appallingly long, but I've decided to jettison all but the most important things on it and concentrate on relaxing and feeling peaceful. I'm due in about 3 weeks, so baby could come at any time, and I want to feel joyous and excited, not tense and stressed out. To help in this goal I plan to avoid listening to any political podcasts as all the political news from the US is raising my blood pressure!

The three of us hope everyone is well. Now that I've gotten around to posting, I'll hopefully manage to get some pictures up from Christmas vacation before too long.

Oh, one last funny Geo-ism. Recently, when he's upset or disappointed by something, he's taken to frowning ferociously and saying, "That's bitter!". I'm not quite sure what he thinks it means, but it reminds me of the line from The Princess Bride:
The Sicilian: "Inconceivable!"
The giant: "I don't think that word means what you think it means."

No comments:

Post a Comment