I haven't posted in a long time (I feel like I start every blog post with that!). We just hit a crazy period in the year and things went catawumpus. Let's see if I can remember far enough back to give a recap...
-- Easter. Was fun! We had friends over for dinner on Easter night-- our first party since Mazzy was born. A good (and very loud) time was had by all.
-- C went to Turkey. I was on my own for three days with the boys, then Peggy and Chris took pity on us and came to hang out with us.
-- Geo got sick. Really sick, not just a bad cold. Coughing, fever, sore throat, the whole shebang.
-- Mazen got what Geo had.
-- C left to go to India, and his parents arrived from Detroit
-- I spent 10 days shuttling between doctor's appointments, physical therapy appointments (that's a whole other blog post), osteopath appointments
--We had a minor flood in the kitchen resulting in no dishwasher or washing machine for 3 days
-- I had a magazine deadline somewhere in there and was busy editing and arranging
-- C came home
-- Everyone was declared healthy as of yesterday at what will hopefully be our last doctor's appointment for a while.
Some other fun facts. Mazen weighs, as of yesterday, 8.2 kilos. According to my handy-dandy converter, that's EIGHTEEN POUNDS. At three months, three days old. He's also 25 inches long and has a head circumference of 17.7 inches. In case you aren't up on baby sizes, that is one gigantic piece of baby. He is officially off the charts for weight and head size and at the very top for length. He's the same size Geo was at six months, and Geo wasn't on the small side. I would worry, but I used up all my worry while C was out of town and I had a very sick baby and preschooler. I'm worried out. Besides, the pediatrician just laughed and told me Mazzy's head size matches his weight, and that he needs a lot of brain space for the three languages he has to learn.
Other fun baby stuff: he's grabbing, talking up a storm, cooing, laughing, scrunching around when he's on his tummy and pretending to be an airplane. Geo adores him and covers him with kisses, especially when someone else is paying attention to the baby, or right after Geo has eaten chocolate or smeared his face all over the window on the train or bus. Also, he's drooling and trying to eat both hands at once, so I think teeth are on the horizon. That's Mazen, not Geo, obviously.
Maz is so different from Geo. He wants to be in bed, asleep, by 7:30 pm. He doesn't want to wake up until 7:30 am (though he does nurse several times throughout the night). He likes to sit in his bouncy chair, and his favorite place to nap is still in the Beco while I walk around. He's way lower-maintenance than Geo was, but he communicates just as much as Geo did.
So. It's been a rough patch, but things are looking up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Mary! Wow is all I have to say about Mazen's size! Must be all that good mommy milk!!! I am glad things are looking up! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy things are settling down and everybody is doing so much better. We missed your posts and we are glad you are back!
ReplyDeleteYou're not taking steroids again while breastfeeding are you?!?! :)
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing to survive all that. AMAZING. And I wish I could see your Message mags...I'm sure they are great!