Geo was talking to me this morning in the kitchen, while I was making his breakfast.
"I want you to get me a treat this afternoon," he said.
"Yeah? What kind of treat?" I assumed he meant a lollipop or something-- his usual after school occasional treat.
"Ummm... You know, you could get me a rocket-ship with a 'mote control that really flies," he said, as if this idea had just occurred to him (he's been asking for a 'mote controlled rocket ship for about a year now).
"You know, I've looked and looked but I've never seen one of those for sale in the village."
"Maybe in Paris."
Little does he know that the only things I'll be buying him today are a neti pot (to clear his sinuses) and a nit-comb (should be self-explanatory). It turns out, after a visit to an ENT specialist, that Geo's tonsils are swollen, causing a sort of mechanical ear infection-- fluid can't drain properly-- which affects his hearing. So we're on a quest to improve things for him, and one recommended treatment is a neti pot.
As for the nit-comb, well, it's springtime and the lice have officially made their appearance in his class. Since the weather has been warmer, the kids have been required to bring baseball caps for recess, which means that transmission is just too easy.
So. Neti pots and nit combs, and nary a 'mote controlled rocket ship to be found.
Looking at the bigger picture: snot and parasites! Who said parenting wasn't glamorous? Because they were totally right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
between your lice and my country ticks...I'm not sure who has it worse...
ReplyDelete