A weekend at the seaside... what could be better? How about a beautiful, sunny, hot weekend at the seaside; in Brittany. It's extremely rare. In fact, in all our many visits to our friend Chady in Nantes, this is the first time we've had two beautiful, hot, sunny days in a row.
Saturday morning, after a leisurely breakfast, we got all geared up and went to the seaside resort town of La Baule. It's an amazingly large horseshoe bay-- maybe 10 km long?-- with sandy beaches. The weather was perfect, the sea was calm and Geo had his first swim in the sea. Unsurprisingly, he loved it and did not want to leave.
We spent all day there, then drove back to Nantes for a quick dinner, showers and bed.
Sunday was as bright and sunny as Saturday, so we decided to go visit Pornic, another coastal resort town, but not swim (we'd gotten more than our fair share of sun on Saturday!) so we cruised around town, ate a sandwich and delicious ice-cream and ogled the stunning beach houses. C and I agreed that when we win the lottery we'd be happy to invest in a beach home in Pornic.
We caught the late afternoon train to Massy, which, I should note, is one of the ugliest places in France, made all the worse by the contrast to our idyllic coastal weekend. The trip was so easy and quick that we agreed that more weekend trips are in order. Can I just say that I love the TGV?? 2 hours and you're someplace amazing. I hope the US catches up with this some day.
We have a few pictures, but managed to take exactly none on the beach or in Pornic. I'll post them eventually.
Now it's back to real life, with laundry and grocery store visits.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment