Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Yesterday was an unusually busy day for us. First thing in the morning, I had an ob/gyn appointment to check on the bean, hand over my test results (negative, negative, normal, negative, normal and normal) and the ultrasound info (my due date keeps getting earlier!) and talk about fun things like Down's Syndrome and H1N1. Since my OB has an ultrasound in her office, I get a quick peek at each visit. Since I'm just starting to feel movement, it's nice to see the little heart beating and watch the baby (this time s/he was busily sucking on his/her fist).

Afterwards, Geo and I trekked into Paris because I had my admissions appointment at the maternite where I'll give birth. It's the same hospital where I had Geo, but they've moved to luxurious new digs in the 12th. No more room-sharing! Everyone was extremely nice, but it took for.freaking.ever to go through allllllllll the paperwork. While we were there, I ran into a good friend who just had her second baby there, about 3 weeks ago. This poor woman, right after she came home from the hospital her newborn came down with a high fever that wouldn't go down no matter what they tried. He ended up hospitalized, and after four days they finally figured out it was a UTI. So baby's first week home was actually spent in the hospital. When they finally got to go home, their older son came down with.... chicken pox. So they're waiting to see if the baby will get it, too! When it rains, it pours.

On our way home, Geo fell into that super-deep kid sleep that is more like a coma. I literally could not wake him up to walk from the RER to the bus, or from the bus stop home, so I ended up lugging 38 lbs of dead weight most of the way home!

Today I plan to take it easy..... While I love this maternite and am happy to be giving birth there again, I'm not thrilled with the time and energy it takes to get there. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment