Huh. I don't know what to think about this issue that has suddenly come up.
Geo hates school.
All of a sudden, out of the blue, he hates it.
Things were fine last week; I took him Thursday and Friday and everything was ok. Then yesterday, we took him in and he cried at drop-off, for the very first time. I guess that should have been a warning that things weren't ok. When I went to pick him up, the teacher asked to talk to me. She said he'd had a major screaming/crying fit. To the point where aides from other classrooms came in to see what was going on. Apparently he didn't want to work on the project that the kids were doing. Eventually he settled down and did the work, but the teacher told me that she spoke pretty firmly to him.
She also told me that he didn't like to lose (duh, who does??) and that he seems to be afraid of trying things he thinks he won't be good at (gee, a perfectionist with a fear of failure-- wonder where he gets that from...?). She suggested we work on these things with him starting now, which, well, I do and have.
Anyway, today I took him to school and stayed a bit, as I volunteer in the room on Tuesdays. When I got ready to leave he totally broke down, sobbing and crying. I felt horrible. He's been telling me he just wants to stay with me, so I'm wondering if this is some sort of delayed reaction to my trip. Or to the baby coming soon. Or to dropping his nap. I just can't tell!
So I'm a little nervous to hear how the rest of his morning went. Poor guy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OH poor Geo! And poor Mommy! I am so sorry to hear about this and can only hope this passes. It does seem like it's a reaction to all the changes he has had! Very funny about him being a perfectionist afraid of failure! Keep us posted on how it's going!
ReplyDelete