Whoops! A whole week has slipped by without an update. Sorry about that.
Let's see-- the rest of last week was a lot like the beginning. Geo definitely does not want to go to school these days. On Thursday and Friday, C took him. I hoped that would help matters, but it didn't. Luckily, Fall Break started this week, which is nice timing.
C's parents, who had been with us since early October, left on Sunday. They're off to new adventures in Detroit, but we hope to see them back sometime in May.
This week is all about rest, fun and catching up on some Mama-Geo time. On Monday we went up to the Parc de la Villette with some friends. Geo and his buddy spent the whole day at a really fun playground with trampolines and all kinds of climbing equipment. The only break was a trip to Quick, where Geo ate his first fast-food meal. He was pretty amazed. A hot-dog, french fries, ice cream, a toy AND a balloon! What more could a three-year-old want??
Yesterday we had a much quieter day, resting around the house and cleaning and tidying. Geo played in the sandbox in front of our building with his good friend.
Today we have a Halloween party, with some other Anglophones in the area! Geo gets to wear his dragon costume and collect some candy. We don't know any of the other people going to the party, but we're hoping to meet some new friends.
Other plans for the week: C will take a couple of days off-- probably Friday and Monday-- and we're taking Geo to Disneyland for a day! I'm as excited as he is, probably more! And Saturday will be a big day-- a birthday party in the afternoon and a Halloween party with our village friends. It'll be a traveling Halloween party-- a craft or activity at each of the three homes. I think we'll finish up with carving jack o' lanterns at our place. Should be fun!
School doesn't start again until next Thursday. I hope by then Geo is feeling better about it.
And yes, I owe the readership of this blog lots of pictures. I know. I'll get some posted eventually, I promise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment