Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Sorry I haven't been posting much recently. I'm in the deadline crunch for my new gig as content editor of the quarterly magazine, which has been hugely fun and challenging. Things should calm down by the end of next week-- until I start plotting the summer issue!

There isn't a whole lot to tell here; the weather is gray and it rains at least a little bit every day. C's knee is still bothering him, and he has an appointment with a surgeon on Friday to decide what to do. I'm dreading the thought of being 9 months pregnant with a husband recovering from knee surgery, but I'm also dreading the thought of having a newborn and a husband recovering from knee surgery. Guess we'll just roll with it.

Pregnancy is going smoothly. The baby is doing well, is estimated at the last ultrasound to weigh almost 5 lbs. The good news is that the baby's head is in the 50th percentile! Much easier to cope than the 90th percentile that Geo was in! I am at the "uncomfortable" phase, where taking a deep breath is hard and finding a comfortable position to sleep in is harder. But overall, things are just fine. I'm having a hard time realizing that baby will be here in approximately 7 weeks.

Other than that, we're trying to prepare for Christmas and avoid swine flu. I'm limiting public transportation to the strict minimum, which means lots of shopping online. I'm glad that when my friend and her kids were visiting this weekend we got to go on a bus tour of Paris and see all the gorgeous Christmas lights, since I doubt I'll be doing that again this year.

Well, am off to hound contributors for articles!

No comments:

Post a Comment