Thursday, December 17, 2009

Well, Geo is mostly better. Well enough to go to school, anyway, for the first time in almost a week. I'm getting better, too, though we both still have tickle-y throats and my eyes are still pinkish.

This morning I woke up really, really early. It was probably 4:30-5. Geo called out, so I went into his room. When he fell back asleep I went into the kitchen to look out the window and see if it had snowed or not. Yesterday, the forecast was for heavy snow. When I checked, there was nothing. I went back to bed for a while, but eventually gave in and got up. Still no snow.

Geo and C woke up, and we got into the school morning rush. Breakfast, showers, clothes, cold medications, teeth-brushing, etc. C looked out the window (our shutters were down) and there it was: SNOW.

C raced out the door to try to catch a bus. I raced out the door with Geo, hoping he wouldn't be late on his first day back. The snow was already about 1" thick. We made it to school (with one horrible coughing fit on the way), and were told parents weren't allowed in-- we track in too much snow. I handed Geo off to his teacher and raced to catch a bus-- I had big shopping plans. I wanted to get to Monoprix to get stocking stuffers-- I'm so behind on Christmas stuff.

When the bus came, sat down and heard a man who boarded behind me talking to the driver. The driver was telling him all the buses were going back to the depot while the streets were being salted. No buses, no telling how long until they started again. Sigh. So much for shopping, I got off at the next stop. I did get to the grocery store and the pharmacy, though. And while I was trudging through the snow, C called to tell me that he'd been kicked off his bus for the same reason. And that there were no buses running back to our village, so he was walking home, bad knee and all, through the snow.

We both made it home, it's 10:15 am and still snowing, hard. Geo was so excited by the snow. He kept telling me that it was snowing because Christmas is coming. He's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment