I just came back from dropping Geo off at school and about 70 percent of his class is sick. So it's not just us!
He had a much better night last night, and a calm and relaxing afternoon. We didn't go to the park, he got an awesome playdoh set with lots of fun tools from Uncle Michael and Aunt Julie and spent the whole afternoon making all kinds of fun stuff. And most of us slept well (except poor C, who is feeling stressed by work these days--) so hopefully Geo's on the mend.
I also talked to the teacher because Geo was NOT happy coming home from school yesterday. He told me he'd cried. When I asked why, he said it was because he didn't like the painting on the pieces of paper. This is the problem with three-year olds. They tell you what's bugging them, but without any context it's hard to know what the problem is.
So this morning I spoke to the assistant, who explained that the kids were gluing strips of paper on a big white sheet, and Geo's hands got very messy and sticky. It's true that in general he doesn't like to have messy hands. The assistant took him to wash his hands and he apparently told her "Je suis fache" (which means, "I'm angry"). She told him it was ok to feel angry about getting messy, and that they would help him get cleaned up. They were super nice about the whole thing, it made me happy to see that they take these little things seriously!
Well, am off to do some yoga. I've been trying to do it before The Boy wakes up in the morning, but what with the rough nights we've had recently I've not been getting up at 6.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment