We had a pretty productive, fun weekend. Saturday was errand day, and I spent it running around trying to get everything Geo needed for school together. It wasn't much, but it was enough to be a pain. Geo needed slippers, four identity pictures, and a plastic cup. I also wanted to get him some pants that didn't have buttons or zippers, since he will soon have to go to the bathroom by himself at school, and he needs easy access.
Well, the only easy thing on the list was the plastic cup, thanks to Ikea.
The slippers turned out to be complicated. It turns out that there are lots of kinds of slippers-- the kind you lounge around in, more structured slippers, and gym slippers. I first bought the first kind, but they were way too big. Then I bought the second kind, but they were too small (this is starting to sound like the story of the Three Little Bears!). I returned the 2nd pair and replaced them with a pair that were, say it with me, just the right size.
Next we attacked the identity photo issue. I had a plan. There's a photo booth at our grocery store, right up the street. Geo and I headed over, only to find that it was broken. We trekked to the other grocery store, in hopes that we would find a booth there, but no dice.
In the meantime, C had finished putting together our gigantic armoire, and had also hung some pictures, towel racks (hallelujah) and some clothes hooks.
Oh, and I managed to find two pairs of easy pants for Geo.
Saturday evening we had a nice dinner at our delish Italian place with the slowest service in the whole world.
Sunday we got up, got to church, got lunch at the yummy manoucheh place, took it to the Bastille where we hit the market for some Lebanese bread, then ate with Ziad at his place. I left after lunch to rest and chat with Mom, while C and Geo played Ping-Pong with Ziad and had a Really Big Adventure trying to get those darn identity photos. C finally managed-- on the 3rd attempt-- to get pics with Geo looking more or less straight into the camera, and without C in the foreground. Due to some funky light situation, Geo has a white spot on his hair, sort of in the shape of a duck. I'll be very curious to find out what they use these pictures for!
So it was back to school this morning, and I'm crossing my fingers and knocking on wood, but Geo seems to have made a really smooth and peaceful adjustment. He doesn't cry at all when I drop him off, and the teacher has told me he seems quite comfortable. That said, when I went to pick him up today I got there a bit early and he was heading towards the door before they even unlocked it.
But really, so far so good. He's such a good sport about things like this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment