Yesterday was a hard day.
It started, as many hard days do, without enough sleep. Geo has been suffering from what I first thought was a simple cold (until I came down with it) that lasted more than a week, so Friday afternoon I took him to the doctor. The doctor diagnosed a throat infection (although not strep) and an ear infection, and prescribed antibiotics.
So I had hoped that by Saturday night he would be breathing better and sleeping well. But no. He was snoring so badly that it sounded like (to quote one of my favorite Southern writers) the devil was alternately strangling on and relishing a pound of human flesh. The noise kept waking him up too, and nobody slept.
So Sunday morning was a race: we're getting a dishwasher, and C had to go to the hardware store (for the second time) to get various tubes and pipes and connectors. (It's a long story.) We had planned to go see some antique trains in the afternoon, but by the time C finished, Geo's tummy started hurting from the antibiotics. And on our way to catch the bus he started vomiting. And vomiting, and vomiting and vomiting.
He finally dozed off on C's lap. I talked to my mom and was so sad to hear that my grandmother is slipping away. She's back in the past, which is probably for the best, as her present isn't very happy or comfortable right now.
Then C left to meet his cousin who is staying with us for a few days, and that's when the water started leaking all over the kitchen.
Then C came back, not having found his cousin, and we started imagining the worst.
However, by the end of the day, I'm happy to say, the cousin was found, the leak was stopped and Geo felt much, much better. My grandmother, of course, is another story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment