Well, I haven't posted much recently because between weekend business and coming down with whatever virus was circulating in Geo's class last week I've been pretty blah.
Let's see-- what did we do this weekend? Ah, yes, class meeting at Geo's school Saturday morning where we learned that there are already LICE circulating in some of the classes. SO GROSS. In all my years of public education I have no recollection of ever having kids with lice in school with me. My mother says she's known of some cases. Is this a climate difference or a hygiene difference, or both?
We also learned that if there are more than 3 cases of H1N1 in a class they will close the class for a week, possibly even the entire school. As everywhere else, H1N1 is THE hot topic here.
We visited the classroom and learned about what the kids do all day. Very informative, since all I really hear from Geo are things like "I painted" or "So-and-so pushed me". Geo's class is small (well, small by French standards, there are 25 kids!) and the teachers seem really loving and kind. I'm very, very pleased.
After that, I went on a fruitless shopping expedition to look for maternity tops. Sadly, they still had the summer stuff out at H&M, which won't be terribly useful come Dec/Jan. I came home, rested, and C had a dentist's appointment. We took Geo to the park afterwards, then had a quiet dinner at home.
Sunday was another quiet day. I went to the market in the morning in Antony, while C puttered and finished some projects. In the afternoon we went back to the park, then home again for dinner.
This week has, so far, been one of those weeks where you always feel behind on your schedule. I haven't been getting up early to exercise because I've been feeling pretty rotten and tired, so I exercise while Geo is at school, losing a precious 1.5 hours of my free time! Thus I'm behind on everything I had hoped to get done this week.
The last piece of big news is that I've gotten tickets to fly back to El Paso for a week in October. C's parents will be here, and will hopefully be willing to care for Geo in the afternoons when he isn't at school. I'm really happy that I was able to get the tickets. I feel like this is such an important moment in my family and I want to do whatever I can to help. I don't really believe I'll see my grandmother again, but I've made my peace with that. I just hope to be able to share in this with my aunts, my mother and father, and everyone else who is affected by her passing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my good grief. I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. This is one of the hardest things about being so far away. I'm very glad you will be able to see her!
ReplyDelete