The week got off to a rough start, as some of you know. Geo reacted badly to the antibiotics he was put on last Friday, and on Monday we saw the pediatrician who told us Geo had no need for antibiotics since there was no infection. So HARUMPH to the doctor who mis-diagnosed Geo and to the antibiotics that made him so miserable.
There's lots of other stuff going on too. None of it major or earth-shattering, but sort of low-grade stress and worry. But hey.
Anyway, Geo's adaptation to school has involved a fair amount of acting-out at home. Screaming, hitting, kicking-- all very out of character for my laid-back kiddo. And when he's really feeling frustrated and upset, he screams "DAMPS!!!" as loud as he can. I think he's saying what he hears *me* say (dammit) but luckily he hasn't heard the word clearly enough to copy it correctly. I'd better watch my mouth!
Yesterday we had a really nice day, probably the most friction-free day we've had since he started school. I'm hoping this angry phase is passing. He was actually disappointed yesterday morning that he wasn't going to school (Wednesday = no school).
And things have started looking up in other areas, too. I was offered a spot as a blogger on a new Internet magazine that will be launched toward the end of the year. It's focus is on multi-cultural families-- mixed families, and / or families raising kids in cultures that are not their own. I'm really excited about participating, and if you enjoy this blog I'll be happy to give you the info on my new one, once it gets started. And for those of you (and I know some of you qualify!) who are in that situation, this magazine looks like a really neat endeavor. I'll be posting more about it as I learn more.
Also, this morning we had our 2nd trimester ultrasound and Baby looks just great. S/he is developing right on target and is estimated to weigh approximately one pound.
So, we're doing fine overall, despite some bumps.
One last thought: please keep my grandmother in your thoughts. She is reaching the end of her life, and while it has been a wonderful and long life, we are all so sad to lose her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
VERY cool about being a blogger!! Can't wait to see the website and read about you!! Well, I guess I already do...but here's ANOTHER place to do it! How did you find out about it?
ReplyDelete